Monday, September 22, 2008

Abandoned Building and a Perfect Guy

Over the last 2 years, I’ve really gotten into exploring the nooks and crannies of my city. Walking through the dark alleyways, climbing up the rusty fire escapes and venturing into anything that looks old, decrepit or abandoned really gets me going. Typically, the grimier, the better. I find it incredibly interesting to see places and objects that once had direct meaning or use, but now just sit there and slowly fall apart. An added bonus is finding private buildings and spaces that strangers have “reclaimed” and created an new (usually illegal) uses for. Highway underpass DJ parties anyone? Fuck ya!



It first started with climbing up onto the roof of buildings downtown and at my university. My first partner in crime, Alicia, and I would just sit up there, stare out at the cityscape and sky while talking about everything and nothing. It’s those moments that I value most with people; the ones just relaxing and watching while talking about our lives, loves and worries. Surprisingly, we would rarely bring alcohol with us. Xav soon joined the fun, which led to 1:00 am trips across the city on our bikes and running across roof tops in the student-hipster part of town.

Recently I followed Xav’s instructions to get to the top of an abandoned industrial silo. He and some others I had yet to ever meet were already up there, so I followed to their vague phone directions to get up there. Skipping over the details of the creepy/amazing pitch black route (cell phones are amazing sources of light to avoid falling through rusted gratings) I walkout out the door onto the roof of the silo. It is quite possibly one of the best roof-top lookouts I have seen. You could see everything in all directions. The splash of the city lights against the mountain and the sky make is a beautiful sitting spot. In case you had wondered, the Winds That You Rise banner at the top of the blog is a photo of the view. To add to the perfect settings, Xav’s friends were pretty cool and I had a great time chatting with them. One in particular was the focus of that night.


I rarely ever find someone to be incredibly good looking, but he was just that. Everything about him seemed perfect. He’s tall, with blond short hair and eyes that lit up when he smile. He was really friendly and easy to relate with, so I had to concentrate not to swoon every time while we talked. His body looked pretty damn good too, which was hard not to notice when he decided to climb up onto higher roof-top levels of building.

It’s annoying when you find someone attractive and you don’t know if they’re into guys. That seems to be the story of my life. But the whole evening I kept jumping back-and-forth over the line of maybe he is, maybe he’s isn’t. I tend to start making little observations about a person’s behaviour, trying to conclude whether they play for my side or not. With him, I started settling that he was for the ladies.

I had to leave early to meet up with some others friends, so I said my goodbyes to everyone and gave some of the gang hugs. As the last person to get a goodbye, the man of my focus for the night came right up to me and pulled me in for a really good hug. Hopefully you all know the kind I’m talking about. Nice and strong, both arms holding the other person. Your chest and torso flat against the other person’s. Your cheeks rub together – and not in the French Canadian hello/bye cheek kiss type of way. His stubble rubbing against me felt amazing. That was the kind of hug you just don’t want to let go.
That affection pretty much sent fireworks off in my mind. I’m sure some might think a blowjob would have been a better goodbye, but shit that was some real good hugging. Man, why did I have to leave then…

I could give him a name in this blog, but I won’t just yet. Don’t worry, I do have more to write on him.

1 comment:

JUSTIN said...

Damn, he sounds hot. Can't wait to read more about him.