Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Brazilians and Barbara

Friend's friend: Oh god, I love Misstress Barbara! There's no chance of me missing the next time she's at Piknik Électronik !

Me: I'm sorry to be a hater, here, but I saw her two years ago at a club and she was absolutely awful. I don't get why people say she's so amazing.

Misstress Barbara - I'm Running



Since that conversation on Friday (I actually briefly left my house! And my feet regretted it the next 2 days!), I decided to check up on that Misstress Barbara. It seems that she has pleasantly surprised me. Her new track (above) is pretty good. I'm actually excited to buy download her new album.

The only reason I did go to that Misstress Barbara performance, 2 years ago, was because of this really cool lesbian, Brazilian, exchange student whom Alicia and I met at our university. She told us it would be the greatest night of our lives. Although the music disappointed, just seeing this friend was entertainment enough. Brazilian stereotypes do stand true. They're hot in every possible manner: their looks, their style, their moves and their words.

As I recall, my Brazilian friend put her hands up in the air and used them like human antennas, to find the perfect place in the room where the sound from every speaker was just right. My ears are shot, but apparently she could feel the difference enough to locate the club's sweet spot, before busting out her moves.

Man, Brazilians actually have 3 parents: a Mom, a Dad, and Music. I takes all 3 to nurture one of those super babies.

I've wondered about whatever happened to her. She obviously went back to Brazil, but I'd be surprised if she isn't gallivanting across the world right now. Nothing could stop that wild one. She was always encouraging me to follow her lead and to hook up with lots of strangers. According to her, I wasn't living life and going wild enough for her! I prefer to think that I live it up, even if I don't look to physically throw myself at anyone...although it's been known to happen.

Of course, she only ever told me this after she finally accepted I was gay and gave up on thinking that Alicia and I were actually dating.

No comments: