Friday, June 5, 2009

Wonderful Generic Memories

Hey, who is this?, Mom says as she points at a person's picture, that's part of one of those multi-photo picture frames we have in my family's house.

Hmmm, I don't really know.... is my replay. I briefly glance at the picture, as I walk past her and it. If I stopped next to her, she would notice I'm trying to mask a suspicious smile.

I thought you're the one who put all those pictures in the frame, I add from the other room.

Wait a second, who are any of the people in these frames!?, she yells out.


I try to hide my snickering, but obviously she can hear me.

Thomas, what have you done!? She has a big smile.

I look over to her, with a big smirk.

Well, about 6 months ago I noticed one of the slots in the frame was missing a photo, so I found some generic picture of a happy family and inserted it into the slot. A week or two after that, no one noticed the complete strangers in the frame. Soon after that, I decided to then take out all our family photos and replace them with generic pictures I found in magazines.

Laughing, I walk over to my desk, open up a drawer and pull out a small stack of pictures.

Hahaha, are you serious!?, she picks up the stack of photos. Wait, these couldn't have all gone in that one frame!

My smile grows. Yup, look at the other ones in the hall.

That is when my Mom noticed she had been walking through the same hallway, everyday for 5 months, without realizing all the family picture frames were filled with photos of generic actors having generically enjoyable moments with their generic families.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never ever though about doing this. This is amazingly creative and fun. I might do this one day... but my mom might figure out quick. She's very good at that.

FMS

JUSTIN said...

You are fucking hilarious/adorable.

Jason said...

That is so funny! My brother did the same thing while at RMC in Kingston. Everyone had a framed pic of mom on their side table. Since my bro did not have one, he cut out a pic of a hot model and wrote, "All the best, love mom." It took the seargent 2 weeks to notice.

FYI: I'm a new reader. Hope you don't mind that I comment.

Thomas said...

Jason, I don't mind AT ALL when a reader leaves a comment. In fact, I allow comments to be made because I like them :)