Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Great, What Now...

Sorry all, but I'm warning right now that this is going to being a whinny post.
,
So after a weekend of me going out, doing nothing strenuous to body other than standing walking and sitting, my feet are in pain. A lot of pain.

I can't stand for more than 5 minutes before my feet feel burning, stabbing and hurt in general. Even if I sit down or put them up to rest, I can still feel a dull pain.

I'm frankly hitting the end of being able to stand all this injury bullshit. I understand that my 1 leg/foot was hurt from my [incredibly stupid] jump, as posted here. I get that it took about 1.5 months of crutching around for me to be able to slowly walk around normally. Now, why the fuck are both my feet hurting and why is it so bad that I can't even spend 10 minutes chopping/cooking up some meal without my feet really hurting me. All I'm feeling right now is anger and frustration because my body is weaker than a 3 year old's.

An appointment with my family doctor has been set for about 1.5 weeks from now. I'm no medical professional (I wait, I sort of am!) but my best guess is that the arches in my feet have some how miraculously exploded. I've never had arch problems before. One foot (the injured one) was actually resting/healing for the last 1.5 months while the other one was taking all my weight and constantly feeling perfect. It makes no fucking sense!

For now, all I can do is sit and lie down and do nothing...which for me is the worst fate possible. I can't go biking or walking around. I can't get back into yoga. I can't lift weight (since holding the dumbbell puts weight on my feet). I can't see friends, unless they come to me. I can't continue planning my hiking trip in the Adirondacks. All I can do is work, watch tv, eat and ruminate about how I hate my feet.

Anger isn't helpful to me - Okay, scratch that, anger can be EXTREMELY helpful to me, but only if I have an outlet. Problem is that I specifically can't do anything, it just stays in me, so I feel depressed and sad.

This sucks; I feel like it's going to be My Summer Of My Discontent. Even writing this post pisses me off.

1 comment:

JUSTIN said...

FUCK! Sorry bro...all I can do is say "hang in there" which is almost useless. But try anyways!