Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Night Out


The Animal Collective went was darn good. Not amazing, but good. Half way through the concert, they apologized for the intense feedback that their speakers were making, which explained why a lot of their music didn't really sound like any of their songs... But that's not exactly unexpected for a band that relies heavily on synthesizers/electronic instruments.

A part from the music, Mike, Mike's Girlfriend and myself were very entertained by the other concert goers. Maybe I'm stereotyping, but I always assumed the band members were high on mushroom when writing/playing their songs. Maybe that's right and maybe that's wrong, but that stereotype DEFINITELY extends to people who like their music. This one guy, in front of us, was freaking out the whole time: shooting his hands in every direction, dancing between songs, grabbing and screaming nonsense at this one person who might have been a friend or just a really tolerant stranger. Mike's girlfriend decided to continuously poke him when he wasn't looking, throughout the concert. I think it actually started to make him paranoid...which I think is awesome!

On my own part, my eyes kept following this blond haired, hipster guy, with lots of earrings. He was surprisingly taller than me and was getting his groove for the whole show. Man, did I want to make out with him! Was he into guys? Who knows! He was hot though...

My foot lasted up the night alright. It started hurting for about 2 hours but then the pain subsided mid-through the concert. There was no chance of me sitting down for the concert, so I was putting all my weight on the good leg. I downed a few beers, so that's probably why the pain disappeared, which let me bust out my dance moves. The next morning my foot wasn't tender though, so it means my injury is at least healing itself slowly.

Hurray for my declining cabin fever.

No comments: