Sunday, January 18, 2009

Catching Up

Alicia: “Thomas, you need gay friends”

Me: “I know... I’m trying. I just haven’t met anyone with whom I can relate beyond the fact that we’re both gay.

Alicia: “I don’t understand. You always get along with so well with my friends that you meet. They all love you. How come you don’t meet awesome people like this?”

Me: “I don’t know! I just don’t! It’s not like I’m not trying!....................This is hard on me, ya know. I try and it doesn't work out. [Ex-roomie] was the closest gay friend I ever had, and in the end we had nothing in common.”

Alicia: “I always thought [ex-roomie] was weird. He wasn’t a good person to know.

Alicia: "Thomas, you deserve to be happy.”

Me: “Heh...ya I do.”



This is why I miss Alicia and this is why I had such a good time hanging out with her in DC last week. We went absolutely nowhere and I saw almost nothing at all while I was there. Ya know what? That's exactly what I had hoped to do too. Pretty much the entire time was us just hanging out in her family's home or in her friend's apartment.


We spoke - about the good things and the bad things, the funny things we've seen and done, along with the things we need to do and hope will come to us over this next year. It felt like we were still the same two people, just as we were last year when she left. Circumstance are now different, but we're still the same and our friendship is just as strong.

It was good.

1 comment:

JUSTIN said...

Ha, that's funny...last year I visited my equivalent of Alicia in D.C. and we also did almost nothing except just hang out. Good times!