Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pass-Out/Feet/DC&NewYork

Soooo...today I kind of almost passed out in yoga. I don't really know why...maybe I hadn't drank enough water since last time. Maybe I'm a little more tired than usual. Perhaps, it's because I had never gone to a session at this particular time and experienced the massive amount of heat that a small room gives off when packed with 40 bodies. Unattractive bodies to boot, unlike at my normal hot yoga sessions.

1 hour into the session, I just stayed lying down but my arms started to shaking a little and I felt like I was gonna lose it. I put my arm up, get the instructor's attention so that she comes over to me.

"I don't feel well. I would like to leave."

Yes, I have to ask to leave since they otherwise don't let you. No, I don't know how they would actually enforce that rule.

"What does it feel like?"

"It feels like the time I had heat stroke in Croatia"

"Okay, you can go."

And so I walked out to the lobby, with my tail between my legs, a feeling like a wuss since I couldn't take the heat (pun!).

On the plus side, I got to overhear a wonderful moment between some random guy, who was definitely missing a few marbles in the head, and the awesome multi-colored dyed hair lady who mans the desk. Have I mentioned I like that lady? Have I mentioned she has hair dyed blue, pink and yellow? Yaaa.....I'll assume you will understand the connection there.

Awesome Girl: "Hi, can I help you?"

Odd Guy:" Wjekjdje fkdsjhds dsas fkdkd flgtoiyt"
Motions to open the door to the yoga session, from which I had left.

Awesome Girl: "No, you need to wait until the session is done in 15 minutes before going in there"

Odd Guy: "Jiuurs aiirr isd booterrrull"

Awesome Girl "uuuhhhhhh.... *glances at me* I'm sorry, I don't understand."

Odd Guy: "Yoouurrr hhaaaiirr iiisstt Beeee-ootifuulllll."

Awesome Girl: *smile* "Um, thank you." *glances at me again*

Old Guy: "Caann I tooouch yooor feeeeetttt?"

Awesome Girl: "No. GET OUT OF HERE NOW."

The guy walks out quickly. Awesome Girl is trying to hold back a laugh. She then looks at me.

Awesome Girl: "I'll be right back..I..just need to go in here."
And she walks into the women's change room. Then I hear her almost choke to death with laughing...although I'm pretty sure there might have been a little (a lot) of disgust mixed in there.

Ah, such a wonderfully random.

--------

In unrelated news, I'm heading to Washington DC, New York and...apparently Baltimore, since Alicia wants to drive there. I didn't think the times could work out, but all the trains seem to be going in sync, so I'll be leaving Montreal Saturday and travelling all day, just so that I can be in DC by 2am. As it should be obvious, I'm gonna hang out with Alicia for 3 days, and then take the train to New York and stay there for 2 night on my own, before coming back to good ol' Canadia. I hope to smell like real Americana when I return: hotdogs and green 1 dollar bills ever-so-lightly doused in cocaine.

While in New York I'll be working in cafes, but also checking out some stuff...and by stuff, I mean I have no idea where to go or what to see. I don't have any friends there - or at least not anymore. One sure thing though: I will not see a Broadway Show, nor will I visit Time Square nor will I go to the Statue of Liberty. I think I'll want to check out the Gay Village...also called...Greenwich Village (?).
Side Note:I am notoriously bad at finding "gay areas" in cities I visit, so hopefully I'll find it in NY. This past summer, when I was in Vienna, I didn't even notice that my hostel was directly next to a gay nightclub, nor did I notice any guy-guy/women-women making out, which everyone else in the hostel did see. I even spent one day trying to look for the gay village there. I EVEN USED THE INTERNET AND I COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING.


I think I'll be good for "finding the gays" this time. I am almost sure there might be 1 or 2 gay people in the above boxed-in area, hahaha. It can't be that hard to pin-point 'em, right?.......RIGHT?

If you want any advice of what to see/where to go in New York, I would LOVE your advice.

2 comments:

JUSTIN said...

This is my favorite gay bar in NYC: http://nymag.com/listings/bar/nowhere/

It's kind of a shit hole, and it's in the East Village (which can be shady after dark) but when I was there it was filled of cute guys, and not your "typical" kind of homo.

Thomas said...

Hhhhmmmm, sounds like that place has promise. Thank a bunch J.