Friday, December 19, 2008

Tattoos

About 2 months ago I decided to give yoga a try. Surprised by how much effort it really takes, I've stuck with it because it's fun and it's a pretty good alternative to going for a very boring 45 minute run. The studio I chose only does "hot" yoga, which means they keep the room heated to 41C (106F) during the sessions. If you have ever felt that temperature, I can assure you that twisting your body into awkward positions and fighting your muscles' exhaustion for an hour and a half in that gets you drenched in sweat and ready for sleep.

A definite benefit of hot yoga is that everyone wears the absolute minimum amount of clothing, since they're sweating like mad. With half the room covered in mirrors, it's a bit of an effort for my wandering eyes not to stare at the shirtless guys in their underwear. It seems I'm not the only person with this problem either. When I notice other people starring at me, I become self-conscious, unfocused and then fall out of the "Yodelling-Bear" or whatever the name of the position I was in. I think I've also lucked out on the time when I go to yoga, because it was the least number of people while still having the highest ratio of hot guys.


What I notice most though are peoples' tattoos. A whole bunch of yoga-ites have some really awesome tattoos, that make them really attractive to me. And it's not like they just have one tiny little one; they have full sleeves, lower legs or shoulders covered in them. Theirs tattoos are usually big collages of different themes stuck together. Part of me kind of wants to befriend these yoga people just because of their tattoos (and obviously because they're good looking). It's just so fucking hot - especially because none of them have those stupid tribal tattoos (although even with the tribal tattoo below the body is super hot).


My friend tells me that getting tattooed is addictive. She started off with one small one and then a second, and now she has a shoulder, her chest and various other places covered.

I would love to get a tattoo, but I don't really feel strongly enough about anything to want it stuck on me. Maybe I don't thinking impulsively enough, since plenty of acquaintances have tattoos simply for the cool-looking factor, while carrying no other meaning. Naturally, the tattoos make them look more make out-worthy, but that's besides the point... No wait, that IS the whole point!


Alternatively, maybe the people I know aren't the most full thinking...

2 comments:

JUSTIN said...

It is an addiction...I can't wait to get more!

Thomas said...

And do you think a lot about it before getting, or is it just an impulse, a point of the finger and saying "That One! Now!" ?