Sunday, December 28, 2008

Talking with a Pool Stalker Part 2

If you haven't already, you probably want to read Part 1 of this story first.

After receiving the 3 hilarious/creepy emails, I decided to reply. I definitely did not want to meet Todd, so part of my intent was to remind him I had no interest in his "massage" offer. I, however, didn't simply feel like writing "I said NO", because I was genuinely entertained by his ramblings. The part where he thought I was straight was some of the best of his writings.

Sadly, I do not have a copy of the email I sent him to show you all. I've made an effort to create a facsimile of my email below though, based on what I remember saying:

"I'm writing back to you to repeat that I am not interested in your offer.

What I do feel like I need to say is that the randomness, that makes up this world, has decided that you handed your note not to a straight person, like you imagined, but a gay person. This doesn't change the situation, since even if I wasn't currently seeing my long-term boyfriend, I still wouldn't be interested. I'm not the type of person who likes to meet up with random strangers for intimate contact.

I have no doubt that this will come off as weird, but I've decided to include a photo of myself, just for the hell of it. This definitely isn't normal, but what the hell. I like being weird.

Regardless if you send me any more messages, this is the last time I will respond."

I attached to the email a photo of myself. The below photo is one taken today of me, since the original picture is lost, due to my computer crashing since then. Again, yes, that's skinny-old me...somewhat nekkid! This photo was taken to look the same as the original.


Let me first just say that this is the first time I have ever told anyone that I wrote that above response. To ALL of my friends, they think I simply wrote back saying "No, I'm not interested. Leave me alone."

Why haven't I told me friends the reality? Obviously, like you all should be thinking, because it was incredibly stupid of me. Letting Todd know I was actually gay (although adding in that I was currently dating a guy, which I was not) would probably be taken as a glimmer of hope in his mind, even when I also reiterated the not-interested part. And sending a photo? I would expect people to smack me upside the head for that idiocy.

Why did I send the picture? Well, I was partially having fun with the situation since I was never going to see him again (and potentially if I did run into him at the pool, I'm still much bigger than him so I wouldn't be afraid) and I partially felt bad for the guy. I definitely don't think anyone should be secretly following their infatuations like that, but I felt bad for the guy since he clearly wasn't really right in the head about all that. Yes, that is the best answer I can give. And no, I didn't secretly want to take him up on his offer.

So, as I half expected, Todd did email back with a reaction to my response. Much of it included that standard motifs of his other emails, as I described in the Part 1 post.

The requisite creepy parts to the email:
"I didn't think of it that much, it was a pretty easy thought [to follow you]. I think seeing you with your shirt off did it. I don't know if you noticed but I also showered in the stall beside you, and I would have almost done anything to helped you shower. So, with all that buildup, I just wrote that note."

There was also the clearly delusional parts in his message, regarding how he thought his original emails could actually convince a straight guy into saying yes:
"So all my hopes and dreams with meeting up with you to give a massage seem hopeless? I have been waiting for over a day for a response. I thought, how can he refuse just a massage? I thought I seemed sincere and nice, so I gave it a 40% chance.. then of course I thought about the possibility of a positive outcome .. and about how enjoyable it could have been."

The main part of what Todd had to say though was pretty much a desperate plea for me to reconsider his offer. If anything, it was sad, pathetic and a little too telling about his personal life. I'm going to forgo reposting that up here. He spoke of how he's only ever been with a few guys during his life and he's desperate. I felt bad that he wrote this out and that I was reading it, but I also felt like an asshole for egging him on, with my picture and response saying I'm actually gay.

He also lets me know that he has convinced one straight guy into being massaged. It kind of makes me feel bad for the straight guy though:
"I talked a straight friend into letting me massage him, (he's 21), he said he'd never let a guy touch him; never let a guy suck him also. I bugged him for about 6 months and decided to try. So, that's why I am asking again, just have to ask you again."

Just as I said in my response-email, I didn't answer this one.

Since then, I have gotten three other emails from him. I've also never answered to any of those either. The first was about 1 month after the stalking event. Todd apparently decided to come back on another vacation in Montreal. I hope he didn't decided to come back, on the slight hope of running into me. His email was short and extra creepy:
"Hey, You never responded to my last e-mail. Guess you didn't want to say not interested again ... anyways, I thought about you the other day .. used our pool .. lol just thought I would say hi."

Yes, the "used our pool" part did send shivers up my spine.

Another 2 months later, he sent me a short email saying:
"thought I'd say hi."

Then on January 1st of 2008, more than a year after the last email, he sent me another short one:
" have a good 2008."

He does seem to be quite smitten by me - of course that's because I'm a stupid fuck who sends stalkers my photo. I would hope he would delete my picture and get on with his own life, with hopes of meeting other people his age and getting over his college/university swimmer fantasy. But who knows...

And so this brings to an end the story of my stalker and our email interaction. I've retold, and read-out loud the email, to so many friends of mine that the tag line "I think you're cute - do you want a massage" has become a favorite of Liz's. Like I said, no one knows I sent him my photo or told him I was gay, but I think it's for the best that I keep that to myself... and the entire internet.

Let's see if I'm lucky/unlucky, depending on how you see it, since it'll be New Years soon. Maybe he'll wish me a good 2009.

3 comments:

JUSTIN said...

#1: That was really a bad decision to send a picture and to say that you're gay, or to even respond at all.

#2: Nice abs.

#3: Have a good 2009! haha

Thomas said...

#1: Ya, I know....
#2: haha, thanks.
#3: ...uhh...thanks? haha

Thanh Hùng said...

chơi ngay các game mobile hay với các game siêu đỉnh như đuổi gif bắt từ online hay quá trời