Saturday, January 10, 2009

Road Trip Music


By the time that any of you read this tomorrow morning/afternoon, I will be on my 17-hour journey. I've gotten a bunch of work, movies and music ready, in the hope that I won't go stir crazy.

Crossing the border is always the most boring part since they half the train for 3 hours while asking everyone generic questions (which none the less make everyone nervous) to make sure none of us are terrorists. The only excitement is when 1 random person gets taken off the train and put into the backseat of a tinted-window SUV, and driven off to potentially have all of his bodily cavities searched. Hurray!


In the spirit of traveling, road trips (train-road trips count too) and hopefully sitting near guys that I can ogle during my insanely long train ride to DC, we need to hear some road trip music!

The Acorn - Crooked Legs



Arcade Fire - Keep the Car Running




Los Campesinos! - You!Me!Dancing!
(Look away from the video and just listen if you want. Imagine the song represents a train just starting up and then zooming along a track. I think it's a perfect image.)



I might be posting over the next week or I might not. We'll see.

No comments: