Thursday, March 19, 2009

SXSW First Day Update

Oh god my legs are sore and I am sunburned. It's great.

I was checking out all the SXSW music venues and bands for 8 hours today. I got really into a couple of acts - too bad they never said their names and I didn't try to plan out which bands to see.

My favorite music venue for music was handing out free beer all afternoon. The only thing that stopped me from going nuts was my promise to meet up with Older Brother after his work. I would have felt bad if I had been incoherent - so I held back and also took an hour to sober-up in a Whole Foods store. Mmmmm, I love potato salad.

Argh, so many hot guys here. Argh, so many not-so-hot people too. I felt like a perv today because I couldn't stop eyeing up this shirtless 18 (?) year old kid. Damn tattoos of his.

The acts and venues have been planed out for tomorrow, so I am ready for a world wind tour of Austin on my brother's bike. Passion Pit,K'Naan, Holy Fuck, Cold War Kids, Cut Off Your Hands, Peter Bjorn & John and others.

I've been trying to figure out how to talk to him on a friendship-level. He seems to bent on being a "good host" right now: showing me around Austin and giving me advice of what to see and where to eat. I've tried joking around about the normal nonsense I say, but he seems to just smile and nod. I suppose he's no used my personality or nonsense-humor style. I'm sure he'll eventually come around.

1 comment:

JUSTIN said...

I'm so jealous; soak up some new music for me!