Monday, March 16, 2009

To Austin


Bright and early tomorrow morning, I will be on an airplane to glorius Austin, Texas/SXSW/visit oldest brother! I cannot wait for a bit of warmth, maybe even get [an extremely light] tan, enjoy some music and catch up with my nameless family member. I'm a little bummed that I'm spending St. Patrick's day in airports. Traditions has all my friends getting together and going wild. Oh well, I guess the low-cost plane ticket was worth it.

When I told the guys about my trip, Xav yelled out straight away:

Oh man, SXSW? You're gonna get so much ass!

Surprised by that comment, I gave him an odd look with:

You know you're talking about me right? The guy who notoriously unsuccessful at hooking-up or dating anyone?

Looking away in thought, his response was:

Oh ya.

I'm not gonna lie though - the idea is on my mind. Even last's night's dream was relevant. It was me and some kid from Manitoba talking, and all I was thinking in the dream was that he would shut up and we'd fool around. So we did. And then we attacked some people and ate some brains because we were also coincidentally zombies. Did I forget to mention this dream was only mildly relevant to me being horny? OK, maybe ever-so slightly relevant...

I have no idea how this could potentially happen since I've also stereotypes Texas to be pretty unfriendly toward gays. Two guys making out at a concert here? Somewhat normal. Two guys going tongue-to-tongue there? Hey, let's go find a shotgun...

I haven't forgotten about the more important purpose of this trip though. I'm gonna get comfortable talking with Oldest Brother. Try to figure out how to make us reconnect, per se, and I am going to tell him I'm gay.

Honestly, I haven't really thought about how the situation will work out, but I just feel really confident. If you're a longtime reader, you know that none of my family knows I'm gay. This would therefore the first step.

Ya know what? I feel so ready for this.

1 comment:

JUSTIN said...

Good luck speaking with your brother...I'm sure things will go well!