Thursday, March 12, 2009

Workin'

With my upcoming trip to Austin, my boss has become quite nervous about the number of urgent items building up. Even with my reassurances that I'll still be working a bit while away, he's still anxious about it all.

Me: It's not like I'll be away the whole time. I'll still be popping in on Skype and doing work while in Austin, just not as frequently...

Boss: Oh ya right, don't give me that. We all know you're there for drugs, sex and rock and roll. Liz has told me the music festival is going on. It all sounds much too cool for you to hang out on your laptop with me.

Me: Hahaha, I swear I won't be ignoring you too much.

Boss: I'm jealous! I wish I was going to Austin.

Me: Either way, I'll make sure to get these [certain urgent things] done before my flight next wee.

Boss: OK, I just wanted to make sure about all that. Let's get back to you take screen captures of me hooked-up to a rectal sensor.

Consequently, I've been working late evenings and nights for the last few days. I'm sort of getting annoyed, but unlike most people I am lucky that I rarely ever need to do this.

By the way, that last remark from my boss is quite accurate. Oh the things he has me do.

No comments: