Monday, March 2, 2009

Winter Cottage Weekend - Part 1

The weekend cottage getaway was everything I hoped it would be. I'll let the photos, with my added comments, describe this Part 1. Click pics to enlarge & sharpen the image.

Friend: It's too icy to drive all the way down, so we'll have to park up here and make the 10 minute walk to the cabin.

This is me pulling half of my group's food on my sled, down the frozen path.



The cottage is perfectly located in the middle of nowhere. No cell phone reception and no real neighbors.


Best of all, it's that stereotypical hunter's cabin, with animals heads/bones everywhere.


I wish I could have a moose head on my wall....without actually having to kill it.

The drinking began immediately, Friday night. It finally ended early Sunday afternoon. I had actually never played beer pong before. It's.....kind of boring.


We tried our hands (and asses) at drunk sledding. Not much success there.

So we instead focused out attention to our potato-cannon. It shoots surprisingly far.

Not pictured: the metal bell annihilated by Xav's good aim and one high-speed potato. The cannon has a pretty strong recoil.

No comments: