Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gettin' Better

On a follow-up visit to a doctor, I've gotten the good news that I don't need the [ever so weird] cotton bandage around my foot anymore since the newest X-rays + test show no evidence of a heal bone break. I've been told to try walking on my foot, although it's very obvious that it still needs plenty more time to heal before I will be without my crutches. That's pretty good news.

My foot itself isn't as blue anymore - it's turned a nice healthy green (?), where the massive bruising used to be.

As celebration, Liz came over and forced me to watch the West Side Story movie. I was apprehensive, but it was surprisingly good...even with all the prancing and fighting. Not the image I had for some Cholos, but anyway. I kept ruining the drama of the movie by predicting the main guy character was about to grab the main woman by the face and face-fuck her. Yup, I'm a pervert.

With the good news regarding my foot, Liz wants to bring me out to a bar I've been craving to revisit: they only serve hard alcohol, mixed in into some form of cocktails in large pasta jars. The bar is notoriously packed, so there's plenty of potential for further cripple injuries with my crutches...but of course, what's the fun in going out and drinking a lot if it wouldn't be a stupid idea?

No comments: