Saturday, April 18, 2009

Crutching

Liz: Is it wrong that I just want to knock away one of your crutches, to watch you fall helplessly to the ground?

Friend: I know! I want to do the same thing!

-----

Friend: I keep imagining you crutching away on your own and then a guy running at you, knocking you over and stealing your wallet...But the thing is, you're the only type of guy I can imagine knocking over a helpless person on crutches, to steal their wallet.

Me: Haha, thanks. Oddly enough though, my Grandmother's friend has been knocked out of her wheelchair, just outside a hospital, by a guy who then stole her purse. Twice.

Group of Friends: !!!!! Hahahaha, aaaaawwwwwwww!

Me: My Grandmother laughs every time she thinks about that.

-----
Clearly, my friends think very highly of me.

And unrelated to the above: Oh god, walking for 2 hours with crutches (a.k.a. crutching for 2 hours), with lots of breaks, is incredibly tiring on the arms and shoulders. Even crutching non-stop for 4 blocks is the worst. I feel dead. The Yoko Ono & John Lennon museum art exhibit was worth it though.

2 comments:

JUSTIN said...

Just think though...you're triceps will be HUGE.

Thomas said...

My upper body has show a drastic difference in size, but just 2 weeks of crutching. I'm not huge, but I am feeling pretty good about that.