Sunday, October 19, 2008

1 Month of Blogging!

Today marks the 1 month anniversary of the WindsThatYouRise Blog!

Is it a real thing to celebrate? Fuck Ya!

The fact that I've managed to actually get a few readers makes me feel great. I like the idea of entertaining people, and I hope all of you have been enjoying reading these small recounts of my life. My intention is to keep writing, especially since I feel like I have so many things to write about.

Maybe I'm just weird (well ya, I'm nuts) but I get excited when thinking about things to write about. I even keep a little post-it, to remind me of few good topics/stories for future posts. At times, I can't even get my mind to quiet down for sleep because I get excited about a new idea or something I just remembered. I wonder if other bloggers get this same feeling? Maybe I'm still just the "honeymoon phase".

In terms of writing, I've never actually written for my own/others' entertainment. Some of my first posts lacked a bit of flow, but I feel that this blog has been a giant learning experience and a great success. For me, the whole writing process does take time: typically when I write, it takes me an hour to really put my thoughts and feeling into words. Then I either edit or just straight post the entry and come back to it later for editing. Pictures come after. Bad grammar, missing words and disjointed sentences are my curse.

At this point, I think I should go over a few things about my blog and the direction its heading:

- I much prefer putting up my own or my friends' pictures, instead of random photos from the internet. At the same time, I'd prefer to keep my friends and acquaintances as anonymous as myself. You can tell if the picture belongs to me/my friends because the people will have their eyes or part of their face covered. If you see a person's eyes on my blog, it's because I stole that image from the internet.

- Like above, most non-people photos that I post are also usually taken by a friend or myself. I think the irrational fetish post is the only entry that features mostly images I stole from the internet...just because it's awkward taking pictures of peoples' ankles or heads without them being bothered. Rule of thumb: if the photo looks slightly bad quality and that it wasn't made in some fancy studio, then it's probably mine.

- Pictures featuring my own face have only occurred once, in my random hand-puppet post. Nope, you can't tell much about me...other than I'm white and male.

- There will be more photos of myself shown, in particular one of me without my shirt on. No, I'm not just doing that because I'm narcissistic/fishing-for-compliments and want strangers from the internet to fawn over me (ok, maybe a bit...). The reason is that it's actually very relevant for the story of the stalker who followed me around/out of the university pool. Oh, I bet you can't wait to hear that one ;)

- 97% of what I say is true. My friends' names are changed, for the anonymity factor. My name is real, although different friends call me different names. If I say I did something yesterday, in reality I might have actually done that 3 days ago. All things I've written about did actually occur in my life. Horrible, wonderful and real.

- Some of you seem to have AIM and have given me your IDs or offered to add me. Sorry, but I don't have AIM right now. I'm considering getting it to interact with whoever wants to speak to me, but I'm not sure yet. Some of you I would definitely love to "talk" to in real time. I just need to decide if I would actually have the time to log on and speak to you meaningfully. I'm not gonna lie either, I'm kind of shy about directly talking with people who read my blog. I'll let you guys know what I decide.

- The posts will become more interactive. Up to now, you have all been mostly reading stories of myself, as I get you up-to-speed about me. As the events get more recent, it will be less "this is what happened" and more "this is the situation and I'm not sure what to do".

As my final note: I love responses. I love comments. I love emails. I love sharing. I love it when someone has an idea for my blog or posts. I love positive and negative feedback. I love you when you reach out to interact with me.

Thomas's Email: windsthatyourise@gmail.com

No comments: