Saturday, November 8, 2008

Lest We Forget

Let's begin with the song called "I'm Not Made For Fighting", by Woodhands. Click Play, although don't bother watching the video. It's the song that's awesome. Also, this has no relation to the content of this post.



It's been a while since Xav, Tim and Mike and I have gone out all together. If you're an avid reader of this blog, you should realize in principle that they are my 3 very close friends. In terms of names appearing in posts however, Xav is everywhere, Tim appears from time to time but Mike thus far has almost never been mentioned. There's a good reason for this: Mike has recently got a new girlfriend and is therefore unreachable and inseparable from her. He spends every day with her and frankly it's pissing Xav, Tim and myself off.

Mike seeing someone is not new. He is what one would call a nester. He stays with a girlfriend for at least 3 years, they eventually mutually break up and then 1 month or less later he is head-over-heals for a new girl.

Part of me gets angry at him for ditching us all the time for her. Don't get me wrong, his girlfriend is awesome but him always seeing her and her friends, without inviting us, is a dick move. As reciprocation, when they both want to get to together with us, we decide the terms of where we're going and if they don't like it (which is most of the time) then fuck them.

Another part of me is angry because I'm jealous. I admit it, the idea of being so into someone is appealing. I do miss it too, as you can read here. I take it out on him a little because he finds these people so effortlessly.

For the first time in more than a month, we finally all hung out at a nice, dark bar that we've all liked for some time. We talked, we laughed and enjoyed each others company. We all spoke about our own lady-friend/guy-friend situations, or the lack therefore. It felt good. Mike (and the others) has been through a lot with me, so as much as the current situation may strain our relationship, he's still a really good friend of mine.

No comments: