Thursday, November 6, 2008

OprahYogaGuys

I have three random things to point out. None of them are relevant to anything, however they are fun from my perspective. Also, it's very likely that I'm a little drunk while typing this so..uh...sorry for the grammar errors. (I can tell I'm drunk because I've started laughing to myself out loud, even though I'm alone in the apartment and it's perfectly silent, hehehehe)

Hehehehehe

Hehehehe

hehe

Ok, enough giggling like a school girl

--------

Random #1:

Obviously, yay Obama. Like the vast majority of Non-Americans, I'm happy he won. I watched his acceptance speech on CNN and I was genuinely touched. I've never listened to any other American presidential speech before, so I have no real base for comparison but I thought it was really well done and in all honesty I had a some tears up in my eyes. But I didn't cry. Manly men don't cry! GGrrrrr, I'll do something manly...eer....uh....kidding, KIDDING!....kidding?

Although I was fully in the moment for the speech, one of my favorite parts was when the CNN camera feed kept switching back to Oprah. Oh course she's black, famous and a huge supporter of Obama's, but there was really no reason for the camera to switch off the future American president for her.


Part of me hoped she would jump onto the stage, join in on the OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! cheers, then quickly shove Barack off the platform and transition the cheer into OPRAH! OPRAH!

OBAMA OBAMA OPRAMA OPRAMA OPRAM OPRAM OPRAH! OPRAH! OPRAH!

Then hilarity would ensue by her going crazy and then then she would start farting money like in the classic Mad TV parody. Just fast forward to 5:45 for the good stuff:


--------

Random #2

I tried Yoga this week. I think I like; I'm still in the deciding stage. I told my friend and he replied "You just had to try the gayest activity, didn't you? It better not stop us from playing hockey". Yay, for my friends I guess....

Anyway, the instructor might make the difference though. He was really nice when I walked in. As I wrote down my full name, he asked if my last name was common. I told him no. He answered that he thought so because he went to school with my older brother. Wow, what a small world.

At first I don't recognize him. My brother and I all went to the same school, but a 4 years difference is enough to mean I didn't know any of his friends. Eventually, I have this moment where it all clicks in my mind. Yes, I do recognize him! I remember him from sleep-away camp, where he and my brother both worked one summer, a long time ago. Know why I remember him? He dyed his hair blue that summer! Haha, my weird "fetish" strikes again!

During the actual class, he came in and stood shirtless in the front of the class wearing only some tight shorts, while giving instructions. Hmmm, I think I will enjoy yoga indeed.


-------

Random #3

Of course, when I drink and everyone else calls it an early night, I come home and go onto the internet. Here's what I've found tonight. Thank you to the Facebook group called "I'm Sexually Inappropriate with my Friends, But I'm Actually Not Gay."

Aww, Cute



Cheers to all the drunks on the internet tonight/this morning.

No comments: