Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Now's the Time

This past weekend, I had some very good 1-on-1 hangout time with my friend Liz.

She's a new addition to the list of friends whom I have named in the blog. Liz isn't a new person - we met years ago and became close when she developed a crush on me (the standard story of my female friends' lives). Her eccentric character matches mine perfectly, so our meeting was clearly meant to be. She's watched me go from closet kid to what I am now and I've watched the lows and highs in her life go by. We also bonded over both having stalkers - oh the things that bring people together.

That evening we stayed at her apartment, drinking wine, eating muffins and talking about our lives. Having gone through a lull in the frequency with which we saw each other over the summer, the last 3 weeks have been us seeing each other pretty frequently, although always amongst other friends.

I'm very impressed with her right now. She told me that she's tired of waiting for the right guy to come around and talk her up, so she's gone on the offensive over the last few weeks. Whenever she finds a guy attractive, whether at a bar or breakfast restaurant, she jumps right into the flirting game with stares, smiles and eventually approaching them to quickly hand out her number. No waiting anymore. She's even joined a dating website, had a few dates, and and answered a Craigslist add. Surprisingly, the Craigslist-guy and her got along really well and have become friends.

Her exact words come to mind when introducing her new mindset:

Right now's the time I should be meeting guys and having lots of sex.

And she also added:

You too.

I should be taking a page from her book and put my self out there. God knows my flirting needs practice and my self-esteem needs a kick in the ass, to get into the driver's seat.

Liz tried to get me to join the same dating site as her, but I haven't soon forgotten the people I met/talked to last time I tried to do that a few years ago (which is briefly summarized here). I admit that I do need to hit some climax point, like she had, to set myself into gear for being proactive for meeting other guys, but that day has not yet happened. In the mean time, I was content to look over people's profile in the dating registry and make fun of them with Liz.

1.5 wine bottle later, my narcissistic tendencies took hold of my body and I decided to take snap shots of us as we laughed about it all.




And then we simultaneously passed out on her bed.

PS: I didn't mention to her that The Guy I Met on the Abandoned Building will be back in Montreal this Friday. I am very excited for that.

1 comment:

JUSTIN said...

Oh damn man! Abandoned Building guy seems super hot. Good luck with that...