Wednesday, November 12, 2008

You can now "speak" to Thomas!

I originally shyed away from the idea of getting AIM, when a few of you readers asked me to add you to my contacts. Normally, I don't sit in front of a computer for long, unless I'm doing something I'm really interested in or unless I'm at work. I originally had MSN (which is apparently the Canadian equivalent of AIM), but also dropped that since I really preferred just calling up any friend I wanted to talk to.

Well, it seems that I have now caved to AIM. As of this evening, it's now downloaded and I will probably be signed on during the day or evening. I've checked my work agenda, and over the next few weeks I'm going to be spending a lot less time in real-time meetings with clients and a lot more time doing boring, tedious offline work in cafes. So I need company! After all, I can only make up so many stories about the two 15-year-olds on their first date, sitting at the table across from me:

Oh, she just smiled.
Oh wait, he's reaching across the table to touch her hand!
The girl's letting him hold her hand! She's such a slut!
I should throw a condom at them and yell "That's how kids get pregnant!"

See? I can only keep this up for so long.

So feel free to add me to your AIM. My contact ID is windsthatyourise@gmail.com ...or at least I think it is. I'm still trying to figure AIM out. I will try my darnedest to be interesting and mildly entertaining. I can't say I'll be on all the time or that I won't be awkward, since you all know a lot about me and I know nothing about you, but we will just have to see.

For those who did send me their info before, feel free to add me or resend the info. I don't delete my emails, however I don't know if any of you still read the blog or are still interested in adding me to AIM or not. Yes, yes, I'm shy and weird, but whatever.

Cheers.

No comments: