Wednesday, February 11, 2009

To Austin!

Oldest Brother: Sure, it would be great to have you down here in Texas. When are thinking of coming?

Oldest Brother

Me: Well, I'm aiming for mid March, that way I can also check out the South by Southwest music festival when I'm not working or zooming around the city.

Oldest Brother: Oh nice. I got here in Austin right after the festival last year. Everyone tells me it's insane.

Me: Hopefully we can also go biking in the desert or rock-climbing or something too.

Oldest Brother, in his natural environment

Oldest Brother: Ya sure, just remember to bring your gear. Do you have your flight yet?

Me: No, but they have decent prices across the board I guess...still have to switch in Toronto though. Argh, stupid Toronto.

I'm sorry everyone, it's my duty as a Montrealer to hate Toronto.

Oldest Brother: Oh god, don't switch in Toronto. They must have flights that go through Chicago or Detroit or some other place. US customs are a lot better in American cities. In Toronto, customs are so damn slow and annoying...kind of like most Torontonians.

See, he gets it too!

I'm super excited to visit Austin, South by Southwest and by brother. Like I've said, traveling, and the planning of, both excites and centers by crazy personality. Our phone call made it obvious we're not used to talking 1-on-1, but I'll force myself to get into it - I gotta make an effort after and start somewhere. I briefly mentioned it once before: I think I'll also come out to him too. That would make a good start for my later goal of the rest of the family.

The only question that remains is which airport should I layover in? Chicago or Detroit? (I.e. which airport is more fun/bigger to roam around?)

1 comment:

JUSTIN said...

Um...Chicago! If you have a long enough of a layover, I'll buy you a beer.