Sunday, February 1, 2009

I had forgotten..

It's funny how easily you can forget something that is taken for granted. A normal routine of mine has put me in this exact situation a few times this winter. I had no idea that I forgot what it was or that it was missing in the first place.

I'd be outside, making my way to the bus stop or walking around and then I'd get that strange feeling. Hmmm, what is this sensation...? It's...warm... I look down at body and focus on the source of this warmth: my hand.

The bare skin of my hand is lit-up yellow. I look up for the source, and I can see the sun.

Aaahhh, that's what it is. The sun shining on my hand.

I had forgotten what sunlight feels like.


Hahaha, yup. I forget what the sun feels like. Its happened a few times this winter too - each time the direct sunlight on my skin is so momentary and yet fleeting, that I forget about it soon after.

Montreal, and this general latitude, is by far not a land of perpetual night. My schedule of often working from home and only leaving by mid/late afternoon means I'm just never outside when it's sunny. Assuming it's not cloudy/snowing (which seems to have coincided with any adventure outside), I'm only outside in the failing light of 4pm. My lifestlye (and random chance) has practically made me avoid sunlight for 2 months!

I'm like the whitest whitey who ever whited right now.

No comments: